Please find listed below the safety checks we perform on all of our motorhome & caravan services.
Gas Safety Check
- Gas system pressure check
- Operation and performance of regulator
- Condition and age of hoses
- Condition and security of all pipework
- Security of gas bottles
- Gas dispersal holes & ventilation
- Operation of all gas appliances
- Flue Gas Analysis
- Check for Carbon Monoxide Spillage
Carbon Monoxide kills in minutes – Ensure your gas is checked.
Keeping your caravan gas system well maintained is essential for safe caravanning. Your gas system should always be thoroughly tested by a professional gas engineer however there are ways you can identify when there’s a problem before it’s too late.
HSE Caravan Services – Gas Safety check provides you with peace of mind with you gas appliances. As well as checking the function of the appliances we use a state of the art gas tester to analyse the flue gasses of the appliances. This shows how efficiently the appliances are working and whether there are any dangerously high levels of Carbon Monoxide (CO) present. We also check to make sure there is no CO leaking into the habitation area of the caravan.
Electricial Safety Check
- Adequacy of earthing and bonding
- RCD unit-check operation of RCD test button & operation of MCB’s
- Suitability of the switchgear e.g. consumer unit
- Serviceability of equipment e.g. switches, socket-outlets and lights
- 230v sockets-carry out plug top polarity test
- Fridge-check operation of fridge on 230v
- Type of wiring system and its condition
- Presence of adequate identification and notices
- Check operation of all other 230v appliances, fans & luminaries
- Extent of any wear and tear, damage or other deterioration
- Check that any additional items fitted are to the correct standard
Fire Safety Check
- DIY additions
- Security and smoke alarms
- Extinguisher (if fitted)
- Fire blanket (if fitted)