We provide 2 levels of testing (1.) Safety Check and (2.) Certification
As recommended the Electrical Safety Council and as part of our ongoing commitment to ensure your safety we are offering our customers, whose caravan or motorhome is over three years old, an Electrical Safety Inspection
What is a periodic inspection?
A Periodic Inspection is an inspection on the condition of an existing electrical installation, to identify (in order of priority) any deficiencies against the national safety standard for electrical installations. A periodic inspection will:
- Reveal if any of your electrical circuits or equipment is overloaded
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards in your electrical installation
- Identify any defective DIY electrical work
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding
Tests are also carried out on wiring and associated fixed electrical equipment to check that it is safe.
Why is a periodic inspection needed?
Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and age. It is important that the person responsible for the maintenance of the installation be sure that the safety of users is not put at risk, and that the installation continues to be in a safe and serviceable condition.
It is recommended that periodic inspection and testing is carried out at least every 3 years for caravans/motorhomes.
What happens during a periodic inspection?
The periodic inspection will take into account all relevant circumstances including the following factors:
- Adequacy of earthing and bonding
- RCD unit-check operation of RCD test button & operation of MCB’s
- Suitability of the switchgear e.g. consumer unit
- Serviceability of equipment e.g. switches, socket-outlets and lights
- 230v sockets-carry out plug top polarity test
- Fridge-check operation of fridge on 230v
- Type of wiring system and its condition
- Presence of adequate identification and notices
- Check operation of all other 230v appliances, fans & luminaries
- Extent of any wear and tear, damage or other deterioration
- Check that any additional items fitted are to the correct standard